In this interview I ask Matt Mullenweg, founder of WordPress and president of Automattic, about what he spends his time on at WordPress and where the publishing industry is headed. We explore what might become a standard corporate structure for the next generations.
Even though phrased differently in the video these are the questions I ask:
- How do you stay calm about competition?
- What is your vision for WordPress and where do you see the publishing industry headed?
- Do you see a change coming in the way businesses and organisations communicate?
- As a provider of open source software what do you tell organisations who’d rather own the tools they are using?
- What is the work environment of the future going to be like? Will the way you work at Automattic be the standard for future generations?
- With the number of blogs, online magazines and other online resources growing daily how will we be able to filter and find relevant information in the future?
- Do you see similarities on blogs and wish bloggers would use some of the tools WordPress provides differently?
- What would your success strategy be if you started out as a blogger or business with a new website?
- Do you ever find WordPress being used in ways that amaze you?
Please share your thoughts on this interview in the comments.